Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tricyclists X 2

The Tricyclist family has doubled! Two new tricycles arrived last week. They are already in training for the next big fun adventure. I can tell they will be much faster swimmers than Dad with an impressive 4 foot arm span and ankles that actually bend to the horizontal, again unlike Dad's, making them perfectly suited for future triathlon glory. Mrs. Tricyclist is recovering nicely, although I had to hide her running shoes, bike cleats, and goggles so she would actually get some much earned rest. She's itching to start training again so she can show the boys how Mommy can wup Daddy's butt. Dad is still in a bit of shock wondering how he could possibly have helped produce two such perfect little guys.

My Blog:

I've created this blog to have a place to share the various stories I've written over the years about the athletic (and not so athletic) adventures my wife and I have pursued. We are both competitive age-group triathletes: Mrs. Tricyclist is certainly the one with more talent and more 1st place trophies.

My race stories are more than just a play by play recap of the day's events. I try to interject some humor and observations about the people and places we encounter as we walk and race down lifes' roads. I will also occasionally toss in a story unrelated to triathlons or running, just to keep things interesting.

I will be adding new content over the next few days plus uploading some of my classic stories from the Hood to Coast Relay, Athens Marathon, and other adventures.

Hope you enjoy. Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Good luck with the blogging. Odds are running 3 to 1 that this will turn into a parenting blog in a couple of months and the highlight of your writing will be the 4th of July Fun Run in Martinez. All kidding aside, good luck with your continued athletic endeavors and your pending parenthood. Bill

Anonymous said...

Hi #1 Son,
I'm looking forward to following your future adventures as well as your "running" commentaries on live with twin boys.
Love, your Mamasan

21stCenturyMom said...

I'm really glad you started a blog because you write the funniest race reports of any I've read and I read a lot of blogs.

I "race" with FoMo which is to say I give everyone else an opportunity never to come in last. I've got that covered.

21stCenturyMom said...

Your wife just had twins? That's outstanding! Congratulations to the Tricyclist family.

jen said...

Congratulations! I really admire your wife's desire to get out there so quick- how cool. :) Have fun getting to know your new training buddies. :)

I live in Dublin, so not too far from you! Maybe we can meet up at a race someday.